Monday 23 June 2014

Post Workout Drink

Good afternoon bloggers,

I recently discovered an amazing recipe for a post workout drink... If you love fresh juices then you are going to loooove this recipe. Personally I stopped drinking protein shakes after my training sessions as they did not make me feel great afterwards, plus I was constantly suffering headaches shortly after consuming one. I tried everything, pre workout drinks, post workout drinks, eating a massive protein/carb filled meal, nothing stopped the headaches. So I tried juicing and it has been a revelation.

I am going to share with you all my juice recipe that I put together.

  •  2 handfuls of spinach (great source of protein and a natural plant steroid called phytoecdysteroids, think Popeye) 
  •  1 banana (will replenish your energy levels)
  •  half a cup of papaya (contain enzymes to help break down proteins and inflammatory properties to help speed up recovery)
  • half a cup of rolled oats (low gi levels meaning it is a slow burning carbohydrate, provides your body with long lasting fuel)
  • Other optional ingredients are sunflower seeds, acai powder, semolina (my absolute favourite thing at the moment), coco powder, extra virgin olive oil and some chia sees (are a must) 


Whisk all ingredients in a blender or if you have a Nutri Bullet and blend away. It might look green and gooey but it tastes delicious and better yet contains amazing nutrients which your body will love you for. Remember to stay hydrated.

Enjoy xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment